Home > Payment Status
Disbursement Services offers you reports that answer the most common purchasing, payment and check request questions. The intent of the reports is to consolidate and streamline your purchase-to-payment tracking and reporting.
The tool used to publish these reports is called InfoView which is made by Business Objects. Note that you do NOT need Business Objects training to run the APPO Reports.
AccessTo access the PDS reports, you will need
- BO – APPO Universe access* and –
- at least one of the following privileges:
*Note: you only need access to the Business Objects APPO universe; you do NOT need Business Objects training to run these reports.
How to Find the Reports
- Navigate to the BI Launch Pad login: Business Objects InfoView XI Login
- Set Authentication Type to LDAP, enter your VUnet ID and e-password, and click Log-On.
- Under Public Folders, expand APPO, and then click Prod Reports. The list of available reports will be listed. There are currently three pages of reports navigable in the lower right of the main window.
How to Run a Report
- Click on the report name. You will be prompted to enter your search criteria.
- Enter your criteria, and click Run Query. The report will be displayed in your browser window.
- If you want to save a report, click here to learn about your options for doing so.
Your options for report training include:Live Training
Financial Foundations- Your departmental financial responsibilities and APPO Reports are covered in the Financial Foundations II and III classes respectively. Click here to log into The Learning Exchange and view all Financial Foundations training opportunities.
- Log into the Learning Exchange with your VUnet ID and ePassword.
- In the upper left corner of the home page, type financial foundations in the keyword text box and click the Search button.
- Classroom trainings are identified as learning events in The Learning Exchange. Begin with Financial Foundations I for University or Medical Center Staff, depending on the area in which you work.
- Click the plus sign next to Show Learning Events to see all dates and times available for registration.
- Click a date/time listed to see more information about that particular class.
- To register for a class, click the Register button next to a date/time listing or at the bottom of the details page for a selected date/time.
Online TrainingAPPO Online Reports Lesson 1: Overview
APPO Online Reports Lesson 2: Running A Report
This training will teach you about the InfoView reporting tool in general. Vanderbilt publishes many reports through this application, so depending on your privileges, you might be able to run reports outside of the Procurements/Disbursements scope. This training will explain what user options you have in InfoView, regardless of what specific reports you generate.
For tips on making the most of your InfoView settings, please click here.Other Procurement & Disbursement-Related Training
Click here to go to the Training Page, where all PDS-related training is listed.