Home > Buying
Once you've chosen the product/service and the supplier you need, refer to the Gold Guide for the recommended best method to BUY what you need. For more information on each of the buying methods, see the menu below.
Recommended methods for Buying
For your most common purchases:
- eProcurement - New standard method for ordering all goods and services including complex purchases. Will replace paper requisitions. https://finance.vanderbilt.edu/procurement/eprocurement/index.shtml
Paper Requisitions - Legacy process for high dollar or complex purchases. Being phased out in favor of eProcurement.
See Procurement Policies & Procedures for instructions on how to complete requisition forms, please see:
- Pcard - use for low dollar retail purchases from suppliers not in eProcurement. https://finance.vanderbilt.edu/procurement/pcard/default.shtml
- PMM - use for clinical supplies and clinical inventory. Contact Medical Supply Sourcing at (615)322-5654 for more information.
For your specialty purchases:
- 1180s - use for internal Vanderbilt purchases or cross-charges. For more information on how to purchase from a particular department at Vanderbilt, contact that department.
- Demand Check - For employee reimbursement and specially designated purchases as determined by Disbursement Services.
Forms / Documents (related to the BUY stage)
- W8 Form
- W9 Form
- Request a copy of the Vanderbilt Credit Letter
- TN State Tax Exempt Forms
- Out of State Sales Tax Exemption Listing
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions