Home > Reporting
Reports allow you to track your purchases and payments for proper internal controls over your transactions. Reports also provide you with quick access to your POs, supplier invoices, and payment information as well as answers to common questions like, "have we been invoiced for this purchase, and if so, has the invoice been paid?"
The reports you access depend on the type of purchase you made. Use the table below to find recommended reports to help you track your purchases and payments. To see which reports can help you based on common work scenarios, refer to the Procurement Reports guide . For a complete list of reports available in InfoView AP/PO, click here.
- Click here to see what types of payments Disbursements Services must report to the IRS.
- Click here if you or a supplier has questions about reporting to the IRS by Disbursement Services.
Who can sign my form or approve my purchase?
Click here to learn how to look up Signature Authority (SigAuth) Information.
The tool used to publish these reports is called InfoView, which is made by Business Objects. Note that you do NOT need Business Objects training to run the APPO Reports.
1) BO – APPO Universe access* AND
2) at least one of the following privileges:
- Obtain BO-APPO Universe access
- Request eDog privileges
- Request eProcurement privileges
- Request Signature Authorization privileges
*Note: you only need access to the Business Objects APPO universe; you do NOT need Business Objects training to run these reports.
- Navigate to the BI Launch Pad login: https://enterprisebi4.mis.vanderbilt.edu/BOE/BI
- You will be automatically logged in via your computer sign-onUnder Corporate Categories, expand APPO, and then click the logical category for the type of report you want to view (Purchase Order and Disbursements are the most common categories). The list of available reports will be listed.
- Click the report name. You will be prompted to enter your criteria.
- Enter your criteria, and click Run Query. The report will be displayed in your browser window.
- For reports with optional prompts, note that you MUST enter criteria into at least one prompt before running the report.
Financial Foundations- Your departmental financial responsibilities and APPO Reports are covered in the Financial Foundations II and III classes respectively. Click here to log into The Learning Exchange and view all Financial Foundations training opportunities.
- Log into the Learning Exchange with your VUnet ID and ePassword.
- In the upper left corner of the home page, type financial foundations in the keyword text box and click the Search button.
- Classroom trainings are identified as learning events in The Learning Exchange. Begin with Financial Foundations I for University or Medical Center Staff, depending on the area in which you work.
- Click the plus sign next to Show Learning Events to see all dates and times available for registration.
- Click a date/time listed to see more information about that particular class.
- To register for a class, click the Register button next to a date/time listing or at the bottom of the details page for a selected date/time.
Other report training resources are posted at https://dof.mc.vanderbilt.edu/ft/Pages/BI-Launch-Pad-Training-Materials.aspx.