Parent E-Bill Enrollment Instructions
Vanderbilt University uses the online e-billing system exclusively.
- About E-Bills
- Parents/Other Payers: Enrolling for E-Bill Access (students must invite parents/other payers)
- Parents/Others Log-In: (Already Enrolled for E-Bill Access)
An e-bill is an online presentation of your Vanderbilt Student Account bill, which uses a web-based portal from Higher One to provide access to student financial records. Online account access offers a secure way to view bills, make payments and review up to 12 months of payment information.
The student is financially responsible for his/her student account per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). However, students may give parents and others online access to their accounts. It is the responsibility of the student to check for the latest e-bill and ensure that it is paid on or before the due date.
Only students may grant online account access to parents, guardians or other payers.
With e-billing, students and parents/others who have been granted access and have enrolled for e-bills are able to:
- Receive e-mail billing notifications. (Student's emails are sent to their Vanderbilt email address)
- Make payments simply and securely from one web site. Use either your credit card (2.65% processing fee) or your checking/savings account ($1 service fee). MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
If you choose to make an online payment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail for your records. If you prefer to mail your payment, you can print the bill; return the top portion or payment coupon along with your payment to the remittance address on the invoice. Please keep in mind payments are due on the specified due date to avoid a late payment fee.
- Access and print prior months' bills.
- View payment history for online payments.
- View activity since your last bill. You will need to click on the "Recent Activity" tab located at the top of your E-Bill screen.
Account maintenance or setup questions to email@example.com.
You will need your student to provide you with their Commodore ID number, which they can obtain from their YES landing page.
- Once the student grants e-bill access to you, you will receive an e-mail with the subject "You've been invited to view your VU student's e-bill." The notice will include an Activation ID number and a “Product Link” to the e-bill system.
- Follow the link in the e-mail and click the "Sign Up" button located the heading “New User? Sign Up Now!” heading.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions
- Under the Enrollment section, enter the:
- Activation ID number from the email you received
- Student’s nine-digit Commodore ID number (begins with 000, provided by the student)
- Click “Next.”
- Complete the required fields (denoted with an *) and click “Next.”
- Under “Login Information”:
- Create a Username
- Enter a password
- Confirm the password (Note: Usernames and passwords are case sensitive).
- Select a Secret Question/Answer
- Click “Next.”
To view charges, click the highlighted "Tuition Bill" link on the left for itemized charges.
If you plan to make payments from your own accounts (must be a checking or savings account with a U.S. financial institution), you will need to enter payment account information.
In the future, to log-in, simply go to the Parents/Others Log-In link at the top of this page and enter the Username and password you selected.
E-Bill Account Setup Questions
Send all account maintenance or setup questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.