Parent E-Bill Enrollment Instructions
Vanderbilt University uses the online e-billing system exclusively.
- About E-Bills
- Parents/Other Payers: Enrolling for E-Bill Access (students must invite parents/other payers)
An e-bill is an online presentation of your Vanderbilt Student Account bill, which uses a web-based portal from Higher One to provide access to student financial records. Online account access offers a secure way to view bills, make payments and review up to 12 months of payment information.
The student is financially responsible for his/her student account per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). However, students may give parents and others online access to their accounts. It is the responsibility of the student to check for the latest e-bill and ensure that it is paid on or before the due date.
Only students may grant online account access to parents, guardians or other payers.
With e-billing, students and parents/others who have been granted access and have enrolled for e-bills are able to:
- Receive e-mail billing notifications. (Student's emails are sent to their Vanderbilt email address)
- Make payments simply and securely from one web site. Use either your credit card (2.65% processing fee) or your checking/savings account ($1 service fee). MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
If you choose to make an online payment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail for your records. If you prefer to mail your payment, you can print the bill; return the top portion or payment coupon along with your payment to the remittance address on the invoice. Please keep in mind payments are due on the specified due date to avoid a late payment fee.
- Access and print prior months' bills.
- View payment history for online payments.
- View activity since your last bill. You will need to click on the "Recent Activity" tab located at the top of your E-Bill screen.
Account maintenance or setup questions to email@example.com.
E-Bill Account Setup Questions
Send all account maintenance or setup questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.