Payment Methods (Remittance)
Payments for the Fall Semester must be received by August 31 each year in order to avoid late payment penalties.
Payments for the Spring Semester must be received by the first business day in January each year in order to avoid late payment penalties.
- E-Payments: Once logged into your account online, a valid checking/savings account or a credit/debit card (2.65% card processing fee) can be used. We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Online payments may be made until 6 p.m. CST the last day of each month.
- Payment by mail: All checks and money orders should be made payable to Vanderbilt University, Office of Student Accounts, PMB 401671, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, Nashville, TN 37240-1671. Payments mailed are applied as of the date they are received in the Office of Student Accounts, so please allow enough time for delivery.
- Payment in person: Payments (check only) can be made in person directly to the Office of Student Accounts located at 2309 West End Ave., Ste. 315, Nashville, TN 37240.
- Overnight Payment: Overnight payments should be sent to the Office of Student Accounts, 2309 West End Ave., Ste. 315, Nashville, TN 37240.
- Domestic Wire Transfers: To request wiring instructions, please contact the Office of Student Accounts by phone at 1-800-288-1144 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foreign Wire Transfers: Vanderbilt University has partnered with Western Union to offer students and families a more streamlined way to make international payments. Utilizing this method of payment can save international students and their families’ money that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable exchange rates. This partnership allows you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) while providing more favorable rates than transfers from traditional banks. In addition, the payment will be posted into your Vanderbilt Student Account much quicker, and you will be able to track your payment while it is in process.
Check Payment Policy: All checks should be made payable to Vanderbilt University, Office of Student Accounts, PMB 401671, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, Nashville, TN 37240-1671. Please include your full name and Commodore ID number or your full name and the last four digits of the student's social security number on all remittances. Allow 5-7 business days for mail processing to ensure your payment is received prior to the deadline. Please note that postdated checks are not accepted and a $25 fee is assessed to the students account if a check is returned from the bank as uncollectible.
Credit and Debit Card Policy: Credit and Debit card payments are available online only, and will not be accepted in person at the Office of Student Accounts. A third-party processor (CashNet) accepts all credit card transactions on behalf of the University online via the Vanderbilt Payment Portal. The following credit cards are accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. There is a 2.65% convenience fee associated with all credit/debit card transactions.
- Overpayment Policy: All payments are to be made for no more than the amount owed or charged to the student account. Certain situations will be considered as exceptions to the rule; however, all overpayments/prepayments must have approval from the Office of Student Accounts prior to submission of funds.