Skip to main content

Travel Authorization

Before you travel, you must first obtain authorization, as outlined in Vanderbilt's Travel Policy.

Do we still need the green authorization form?
All employee carbon copy travel forms, including the “green form”, are discontinued with the new travel system, effective July 30, 2013. Travelers must still obtain authorization by their department, division or school before booking travel.

Why obtain travel authorization?
If anything were to happen to a Vanderbilt employee while away and an insurance claim was needed the traveler would be asked to provide documentation in support of the travel being on behalf of Vanderbilt business and that the travel was appropriately authorized.

What is my travel authorization process?
Your business/finance officer should provide you with your department’s internal authorization process.