Rental cars in Concur
Vanderbilt has negotiated rates for faculty, staff, and students with Avis, Enterprise, Hertz, and National car rental agencies. For business travel, you must make rental car reservations via the Concur online booking tool or by calling a World Travel agent at 877-271-9258.
As an added benefit, faculty and staff are welcome to use our negotiated rates with Enterprise/National and Hertz for personal use.
Enterprise / National:
- Emerald Club - This membership program includes the ability to choose your rental from a selection of cars on the Emerald Aisle and earning free rental days. Please make sure you use the same name in your Concur profile in your Emerald Club profile. Use this Vanderbilt custom link to enroll today. Reserve only intermediate (mid-size) vehicles during booking. Upon arrival you can bypass the counter and choose any car from the Emerald Aisle , which is stocked with mid-size or larger vehicles.
- Please click here and select personal use to make all your Enterprise/National personal car rental reservations. Insurance will not be included in the cost of a personal use rental.
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards - Non-Gold members can enroll in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards at our dedicated Hertz link for Vanderbilt faculty and staff.
- Faculty, staff and students can get up to 20% off leisure rates with Hertz Getaway for personal rentals. Vanderbilt’s special discount code (CDP #1876232) will automatically be applied when you make leisure rental reservations by clicking this link. Insurance will not be included in the cost of a personal use rental.
To learn more about rental car options at Nashville International Airport, click here.
Rental car insurance
If you rent a vehicle for Vanderbilt business or drive a university vehicle, a current Vanderbilt automobile insurance identification card needs to be placed in the vehicle to serve as proof of insurance.
Refueling your rental car
If you return your rental car with less than a full tank of gas, the car rental company could charge up to three times the market rate for gas to refill it.
Avis presents its customers with two options:
– EZFuel, which says if you drive less than 75 miles, you’ll pay a service charge
– Self-service option, where you return the car with a full tank. A fuel receipt is required with this last option Best Option: Refuel before you return and keep your receipt.
Enterprise and National offers a few refueling options which include returning the car with a full tank of gas, prepay and return “as -is” with a commitment of never charging more than 50% above the market pump price.
Hertz will automatically bill you $13.99 for fuel if you rent a car and drive less than 75 miles, unless you show a receipt proving you filled the tank.
If you have time and there’s a gas station near the rental return location, you may want to refuel, this is almost always the best option. More importantly, keep your fuel receipt!
The Parking Spot
Vanderbilt University faculty and staff can save 20% on airport parking in Nashville and 10% at all of the other Parking Spot locations nationwide. Click here to order your corporate discount card. Click here to receive two free days of parking points. For questions, please email the Parking Spot.
The Parking Spot is located at 560 Donelson Pike, Nashville, TN 37214.
BNA Express Parking
The Nashville airport held a ribbon-cutting ceremony this past summer for their new “Express Parking” center, a 1,200-spot parking lot and shuttle service facility at the intersection of Knapp Boulevard and Donelson Pike.
Travelers can drive to the new “Express Park” and staff will valet park your car and load your bags onto one of their on-demand courtesy shuttles for a five-minute ride to the airport. Guests will also receive complimentary water and a copy of USA Today or the Wall Street Journal. For more information, click here.