Acquire a Vehicle
Enterprise Fleet Management Lease Program
Vanderbilt has selected Enterprise Fleet Management to provide leased vehicles for all long term university vehicle requirements. Vehicles will no longer be purchased or leased from dealerships.
Vehicles are ordered directly from the manufacturer with exactly the options and equipment desired and to insure the best possible price. Vehicles are usually delivered 12-16 weeks after the order is placed with Enterprise. Vehicles may be acquired from dealer inventories if the need is urgent but at a higher cost and choice limited to stock on hand. Lease terms are 35 months and can be revised if business needs change.
To acquire a vehicle:
- Contact our Enterprise Account Representative Dustin McCroskey, Dustin.L.McCroskey@efleets.com or 615-309-9664, to request a lease quote. Be sure to include all the options you want in the quote. You will also need to list any markings and additional equipment that you want to have on the vehicle.
- Complete a Vehicle Acquisition Request. Attach the Enterprise quote and route the form to your divisional Vice Chancellor for their approval.
- Submit an eProcurement lease requisition for the leased vehicle, attaching the quote and approved VAR form. If you need any assistance, contact Purchasing Services.
At the end of the lease term, Enterprise will handle the disposition of the vehicle. If you are seeking a new lease vehicle to replace the previous lease vehicle, you will need to complete a new Vehicle Acquisition Request and new purchase order.
Additional Leased Vehicles Details
- Full insurance coverage provided by Vanderbilt
- Leasing program offers "best in class" vehicles for several different categories including cars, light trucks, vans, and specialty work vehicles.
- Leased vehicles are parked on campus and must have a VU parking permit issued by Traffic & Parking
- Lease rates vary with the type of vehicle leased, options and customer-specific modifications added
- Lease payments are processed using reoccuring (lease) purchase orders
- Fuel costs are expensed by the department
- Optional telematics system offers wireless GPS and vehicle performance / operations monitoring to insure proper vehicle maintenance and enhance driver safety
- Annual license renewal costs included in the lease rate
- The cost of maintenance is included in the lease payment so there are no additional charges for an oil change, wiper blades, brakes, tires or any other routine service.
- Vehicle manufacturer's warranties cover major systems during the lease term