In April 1995, Vanderbilt University formalized a supplier diversity initiative by establishing a Supplier Diversity Program (SDP). Since that time, Vanderbilt has committed to incorporating supplier diversity into the fabric of the university supply chain with the principle mission to empower departments to provide equal access to business opportunities for disadvantaged suppliers.
Supplier Diversity objectives are:
- Create a quality process for all stakeholders - including a plan of action to monitor, achieve, and report business diversity activities.
- Develop new, creative and innovative means to utilize disadvantaged businesses, including but not limited to minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, small disadvantaged, hubzone, and small business enterprises.
- Establish cost-effective relationships that will ensure that Vanderbilt University realizes the benefits of competitive pricing and quality products and services.
The university is committed to extending business opportunities to disadvantaged business enterprises. Supplier diversity initiatives are managed by Purchasing Services.
Please see our Supplier Site to apply.
- TriStateMinority Supplier Development Council, Inc. (TSMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Certifying Agencies