Skip to Content

Student Accounts

Home > Graduate > Graduate / Professional Student Account Credit Balance Refund Process

Graduate / Professional Student Account Credit Balance Refund Process

Under state and federal regulations, educational expenses such as tuition and fees are to be covered prior to the release of any credit refund from loan proceeds. Therefore, if there is a balance due on your student account, all loan proceeds must be credited to your account before a refund will be granted. Note: You must be registered for at least half-time status to receive Title IV funds.

The refund process is automated for Title IV Funds (Stafford, Perkins, PLUS and Supplemental Grants). Students do not need to complete a Refund Request Form:


You are officially enrolled in courses and have a refundable credit balance after tuition and fees have processed


You have indicated on the Federal Student Financial Aid Cash Management Authorization form that all credit balances are to be refunded.

If enrolled, Graduate School, Divinity, Engineering Professional, Law School, Nursing, Owen and Peabody student refund checks will process automatically beginning Monday, January 6, 2014. Checks will mail the next business day. The check mailing process sorts first to campus address; then mailing address; then home address. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR ADDRESS IS ACCURATE. No refund checks may be held for pick-up.

REFUND REQUEST: Students who have a credit balance on their student account and have requested your Title IV funds to be retained in your student account, you may also request a refund by simply sending an e-mail request to

If you need to replace a lost, destroyed, or stale-dated refund check please complete the Replace Lost Check form.

Charges that apply after a refund has processed will need to be paid on or before the next invoice deadline to avoid late payment fees.

Please direct any questions regarding the refund process to:

Office of Student Accounts
Telephone: 615-322-6693 or 800-288-1144