Skip to main content

Undergraduate Student Account Balance Refund

Under state and federal regulations, educational expenses such as tuition and fees are to be covered prior to the release of any credit refund from loan proceeds. Therefore, if there is a balance due on your student account, all loan proceeds must be credited to your account. Click here for frequently asked questions regarding student refunds

Students must be officially enrolled in courses and have a refundable credit balance after all tuition and fees have processed. Student Accounts will begin processing Spring 2018 undergraduate refunds beginning January 22, 2018. Please understand that all refunds will be mailed to the address on file on YES (campus, mailing, and home - in that order), so please make sure your address is accurate. No refund checks will be held for pick-up.

You may also choose to have your funds deposited to your personal bank account via your YES landing page. Once logged in, click on the Direct Deposit icon to securely enter your account information. Please understand that due to bank pre-noting requirements your banking information needs to be entered at least one week (7 days) prior to any expected refund distribution.

 If your parent received monies from a Federal Direct Parent Loan (PLUS) and you have no other financial aid, the refund check will be made payable to the parent who initiated the loan and the refund will be mailed to the address indicated on the loan application.

If you prefer to have your credit balance retained in your student account, please email Student Accounts at

For students who are utilizing the Higher One interest-free payment plan, all payments must be received for the semester before a refund check will be issued. Refunds will begin processing the middle of October for the Fall semester and the middle of March for the Spring semester.

Please note that charges applies to your student account after a refund has processed will need to be paid in the monthly billed in order to avoid late payment fees.

If you need to replace a lost, destroyed, or stale-dated refund check please complete the Replace Lost Check form.